It's 8:56 pm here, and I'm sitting in the "university" that has free wi-fi. The school is a small building with three classrooms, sandwiched between several other buildings of similar size. It's around the corner and down the hill from a huge Catholic cathedral. I actually found someone to go to a service with me last Sunday before class, but we quickly found out that Austrians don't like the early service. It was me, Brandon, and the priest in a sanctuary that could easily hold 5oo people. Once the bells tolled, signaling 8 o'clock, we left. Considering we weren't Catholic, didn't speak German, and felt extremely out of place, there was no sticking around. When 10:30 rolled around though we did see quite a few people walking up the steps. So apparently people here do go to church. Just not ridiculously early.
Anyway, it's getting dark here and I have a 30 minute hike back to "my house." I hope to write more in the next few days. This weekend we're going to Munich, Germany. We're hopping on the train for the 2-hour trip after class tomorrow.
Blog ya later,
M

What an amazing opportunity! Good luck. I'll be checking back soon.
ReplyDeleteHey Michelle,
ReplyDeleteNice blog, very interesting! You are missing one thing though -- your picture!
Love, mom